The Norman Paterson School of International Affairs and the Embassy of the Republic of Korea in Canada are co-organizing a symposium on the Korean War and Reunification, at which we hope to have panels of students present papers written on these two topics.
Your students and faculty are cordially invited to participate at the Korean War and Reunification Symposium to be held at Carleton University on November 14th 2016. I would be very appreciative if you could circulate the attached call for papers to your faculty members, and undergraduate and graduate students.
The attached Call for Papers has more detailed information and the contact information for further inquiries. All students are welcome regardless of whether or not they submit a paper for presentation.Korean War Symposium CALL FOR PAPERS 2016
The application process for the 2016 spring and summer global internship programs in London, Los Angeles and New York is now open.
City Internships runs immersive career training programs for college students and recent graduates. They’re designed to expand participants’ horizons and get them job-ready. For each program, on top of hard and soft skill building at weekly career seminars, workshops and networking events, participants undertake an internship placement at one of our partner companies. Students and graduates develop real-world skills, build their professional network and fast-track their career. Students can apply here: city-internships.com/apply/ Placements are available in banking and financial services, art, fashion and design, marketing, advertising and PR, consulting and professional services, entertainment, media and journalism, law and politics and lastly, technology and engineering. Places are allocated on a first-come, first-served basis. Interested students are advised to apply ASAP to secure a spot. You can read more about the program on our home page: city-internships.com/
I have included more information on what students achieve through the program towards the end of this communication. Please do not hesitate to contact me directly if you have any questions.
Kind regards and wishing you a successful academic year ahead,
Lewis Talbot Managing Director, City Internships city-internships.com/
* An eight week placement with a leading company * Career seminars, skills workshops & networking events * Social events & weekend excursions * Local mentorship & 24/7 support * Optional accommodation package What participants achieve: Real-world experience * We offer an internship in students’ chosen industry that makes their resume glow and will have hiring companies lining up to meet them. Broadened horizons * Students make lasting international friendships, see what it means to travel and experience life in a new city. Professional network * Students meet like-minded go-getters and leading industry experts at exclusive networking events; invaluable connections to kick-start their career. Improved skillset * We offer the opportunity for students to convert their theoretical knowledge into workplace dexterity with a slice of professional life and career-enhancing weekly seminars. Career readiness * Students realize their career direction and earn the hard and soft skills that the world’s leading companies notice. Please apply via: city-internships.com/apply/
Winter/Spring 2016 Volunteer Trade Assistants Program opportunities at the U.S. Commercial Service in Toronto (for interested University of Toronto students)
The U.S. Commercial Service Volunteer Trade Assistants Program offers unique training and mentorship opportunities with our team of experienced Trade Specialists in the fields of international marketing and business during the Winter/Spring 2016, six month internships only. Selected students will also receive the benefit of mid-term reviews of their progress and end-of-term evaluations and a letter of reference based upon performance at completion of their program tenure. Canadian citizens, Canada Permanent Residents, and International Students with the appropriate study and work permits are eligible to apply. After a brief orientation period, participants will receive intensive career development training as they become involved with our programs and services to better experience the complexities of international trade. They will also assist with pre-defined projects relating to U.S./Canada trade development, including Commercial Diplomacy and Foreign Direct Investment projects. Trade Assistants’ work assignments shall, to the maximum extent possible, provide an appropriate educational experience for them. Applicants may be recent graduates who are seeking business experience prior to gaining permanent paid employment; or they may be undergraduates who are currently enrolled and held in good academic standing in a post-secondary educational institution at the time of application. Please note that this is a volunteer training program, no remuneration is offered. For more information please see the word document or contact: Bojan Opsenica Investment Specialist U.S. Consulate General Toronto U.S. Department of Commerce | International Trade Administration (416) 595-5412 x224 Bojan.Opsenica@trade.gov <mailto:Bojan.Opsenica@trade.gov> | www.selectusa.gov October-2015-Winter-Spring-Internship-Program.doc
The PRMIA Organizing Team is pleased to notify that registration is now open for all undergraduate and graduate-level students and would like to invite your students to participate. Last year’s event welcomed 97 teams representing 378 students from 35 colleges/universities across Canada, the United States and Europe, and we anticipate that the 2016 event will be even larger. Team registration can be made at: http://www.prmia.org/civicrm/event/info?reset=1 &id=6689
What is the PRMIA Risk Management Challenge?
* Case competition giving students the opportunity to solve realistic business problems with a risk management focus, allowing participants to experience the challenges they may face as risk professionals or consultants
* Teams of 3-4 members; competition is open for Graduate and Under-Graduate students currently enrolled at the time of registration; team registration deadline: December 24th, 2015 at 12:00(Noon) CST * The Ontario Regional Championships will be held on January 29, 2016 at The Ontario Investment and Trade Centre (250 Yonge St., 35th Floor, Toronto, ON)
* Regional Champions will compete at the International Championships in Chicago, IL; US $9,700 cash prize awarded to the winning team How is the Competition Structured? The Challenge begins in early January with the Preliminary Round, which is conducted online. The top teams from that round are chosen to advance to the Regional competitions which will take place in: •Chicago •Edmonton •Ireland •London •Montreal •New York •Russia •Toronto •Vancouver The winners of the Regional Round will then travel to Chicago, IL in the United States to compete in the International Championship round of competition on March 11, 2016 Highlights of the 2015 Ontario Regional Championships (Toronto):
* Industry discussion panel featuring leaders from TD Asset Management, Manulife Asset Management, Ontario Teachers’ Pension Plan, and Deloitte * Career workshop with Boston Consulting Group
* Networking with recruiters and managers from leading financial institutions
* Judging panel comprised of senior risk managers and C-level executives from TD, RBC, OMERS, OSFI, and AIMA
* Keynote speaker: Lynn Patterson – Deputy Governor, Bank of Canada For more information about the PRMIA Risk Management Challenge, please contact Radu Dragomir at email@example.com <mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org> or visit the Ontario competition page via http://www.prmia.org/civicrm/event/info?reset=1 &id=6689 Kind regards, Radu Dragomir Co-Organizer 2016 PRMIA Risk Management Challenge
The Emerging Leaders for Solar Energy (ELSE), an affiliate of the Canadian Solar Industries Association (CanSIA) is hosting an event on Wednesday, October 14 – a debate on Climate Change and Renewable Energy in Federal Politics, featuring Jim Harris, the former Leader of the Green Party. More details and registration can be found at the link below, and the event poster is attached. https://www.eventbrite.ca/e/else-presents-a-debate-on-climate-change-and-ren ewable-energy-in-federal-politics-tickets-18815983112